Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Performs complex operations on many kinds of machine tools, including drill presses, lathes, milling machines, boring machines, and precision grinding machines.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Selects standard materials required for fabrication and machining work.
- Perform the machining operations, watch for problems in the production process, and check the accuracy of the finished piece against blueprints.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Set up and operate all types of shop machining tools or equipment to manufacture various parts.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Work includes small and large assembly, and machining of heavy steel.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Apply knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, machinability of materials, and machine shop procedures.
- Performs machine maintenance and is responsible for keeping work are clean and the immediate reporting of safety issues to Supervisor.
- Uses various hand and power tools for the completion of job tasks.
- Understands and acts upon simple instruction.
Must have regular, reliable attendance
- Must be able to read and comprehend blueprints, drawings and other technical trade related documents.
- Mechanical ability, manual dexterity, and hand/eye coordination required to perform various projects, per drawings, sketches, and verbal or written instructions
- Skilled in the selection, set-up and operation of the appropriate machine tool(s) for a given type of work.
- Manual machine operation experience
- In-place machinists experience preferred
- Technical training preferred
- Experience operating precision machine tools
- Willingness to travel
- Use of precision measuring equipment.
- Must be able to work effectively with others
- Must be a steady, reliable worker
- Must have own machine tools
Position compensation is based on experience. Benefits include: medical, dental and vision Insurance o 401k - Paid time off (PTO) - legal services - annual performance evaluations - On-site human resources