Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Inspect, isolate, troubleshoot, and repair electrical malfunctions and equipment using various test instruments
- Maintain and repair electrical systems; test electrical equipment for safety and efficiency; fabricate electrical parts; participates in the maintenance and operation of electrical tools and equipment used by the operation
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical systems including electric motors, electric controls, scales, and other electric equipment; locomotives, plant radios, and electric tools as applicable
- Test and monitor electrical systems, equipment, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Ensures the proper function of electrical safety devices
- Installs, troubleshoots and repairs new equipment and systems
- Monitors work done for adherence to the NEC requirements
- Assists in the writing of specifications for repairs and new construction
- Maintains appropriate service and repair records (records necessary for MSHA)
- Analyze and responds safely and appropriately to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service
- Follows blue prints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to conform to the building and safety codes
- Any other duties as assigned by management
$32.70/hr plus overtime, 100% medical, and pension plan. Total compensation around $75k in Detroit.