Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Industrial/Commercial Electrical Controls Engineer
- Monitor, correct, develop PLC, and Ladder Logic
- Work with Mechanical Engineering Department to maintain and optimize manufacturing
- Troubleshoot and develop Manufacturing Automation
- Knowledge of Wonderware and/or Factorylink type automation software
- Knowledge of wire machines to motor control center
- Work with COO on design and installations
- Troubleshooting ability
- Read schematics
- Breakers, Fuses
- Use voltage meters and testers
- Possess and maintain working knowledge of principles, practices, procedures, and standards related to utility power distribution systems.
- Assist in designing sub-transmission systems, substations, switching stations, and commercial/industrial power distribution system.
- Develop concept design alternatives, engineering calculations, analysis, and engineering estimates for small-scale system improvement projects for substations and distribution systems.
- Create, update, and maintain GIS database for large-scale electrical distribution systems.
- Perform site surveys for new utility service requests, develop concept design alternatives and present the alternatives to CLP management and the customer.
- Assist lead engineers with major capital upgrade projects. Responsibilities to include site visits, engineering calculations, drawings, drafting, field inspections, technical reports, and so on.
- Keep up-to-date with utility industry standards and codes. Enforce and maintain all applicable standards and codes for our O&M, replacement/renewable and new installations.
- Analyze electrical fault events, power quality issues, system loading scenarios and assist CLP crew to implement corrective actions.
- Gain and maintain intermediate knowledge of power system protection and relaying schemes for electrical distribution system.
- Create system model for large-scale power system in ETAP (or similar software) and perform various power system analysis/studies.
- Develop bill of material and technical specifications for various electrical projects.
- Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customer, subcontractor, and construction personnel to understand and determine project requirements.
- Perform field take-offs/evaluations for estimate preparation.
- Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency.
- Participate in estimate review process with internal and external stake holders.
- Assist construction personnel throughout the project life-cycle in tracking and understanding basis of cost estimate.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of change orders.
- Follow up at the end of a project to close any loops in the estimating process.