Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Industrial Battery Tech
Travel is along the gulf coast, primarily in Texas. Gone a few days, home every weekend. You will sleep in your own best roughly 50-70% of the time. Technicians are paid per diem for hotel and meals per GSA guidelines, which is paid by expense report each week on Friday.
- Applicant should have a minimum of 2-3 years' experience of stand-by batteries / chargers and associated equipment.
- Installation, troubleshooting and testing of DC Power Systems, including Lead Acid and Nickel Cadmium storage batteries.
- Carefully analyze complex configurations of AC/DC systems in-order to safely perform proper load transfers, make/break connections, isolate equipment components, and prevent power losses.
- Work at diverse facilities located all over the United States: power generation, data centers, power distribution, telecommunication, refineries, paper mills, pigment plants, substations, Gulf of Mexico production platforms.
- Maintenance and testing of Flooded Lead Acid Batteries, Valve Regulated Lead Acid Batteries, and Nickel-cadmium Batteries.
- Transferring, isolating, and testing of rectifiers, inverters, and Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS).
- Perform annual Preventative Maintenance on battery chargers.
- Perform annual and quarterly internal resistance checks on batteries and intercell connections using an Alber Cellcorder or other cellcorders.
- Use IEEE/ANSI Standards and National Electric Code.
- Obtain security clearances in-order to enter facilities.
- Utilize Microsoft Excel and Word along with a number of other computer programs to prepare detailed job reports.
The Service Technician position is physically demanding.
- Applicant must be in good physical health as heavy lifting is required.
- Applicant must be reliable, drug free, read and speak fluent English, be a US citizen and have a valid US driver's license.
- The employee will be subject to various drug, alcohol, and background checks.
- Some travel, overtime, and weekend work is required.
- Applicant must be able to work varying hours and report to company facilities located in south Houston.
- Benefits package including medical insurance, 401k, paid holidays, vacation plan