Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
St. Louis, MO
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Basic computer skills as demonstrated by knowledge of and ability to use MS Excel and word processing applications.
- Advanced knowledge in air brakes, tires as evidenced by ASE Certification and at least 1 year of experience as a technician working on heavy equipment.
- Advanced training in hydraulics as evidenced by ASE Certification and a minimum of 1 year of experience as a technician working on heavy equipment.
- Advanced electrical training as evidenced by ASE Certification and a minimum of 1 year of experience as a technician working on heavy equipment.
- Advanced suspension, steering and wheel-end components training, as evidenced by ASE Certification and at least 1 year of experience as a technician working on heavy equipment.
- Advanced drive train knowledge as evidenced by ASE Certification and at least 1 year of experience as a technician working on heavy equipment.
- During employment, a technician will complete the Republic PM Program and the One Fleet Republic Way program.
- Mechanical Trade School certificate or degree
- Certificate in electrical diagnostics
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Applicable ASE certifications
- Working knowledge of Tier 4 emission systems
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience
- Maintains advanced knowledge to diagnose and repair mechanical problems on heavy equipment.
- Performs repair or preventative maintenance on electrical, diesel and gasoline vehicles, including compactor, excavator, wheel loader, and other vehicles to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs and maintenance would include work on engines, transmissions, chassis, drivelines and body components, hydraulic, brake, electrical and suspension systems, wheels, tires and undercarriages.
- Reads and interprets equipment condition reports and/or repair orders, communicate with supervisor and/or operator for clarification of defects and discuss preventive techniques with operators to minimize future repairs.
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing equipment, documenting parts usage and accounting for applied times (i.E., work order times compared to time card times).
- Completes daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and oil usage, and provide information for input into Dossier, Republic Services Fleet Management Software system.
- Collects and interprets analyses from oil sampling, on-board computer, and fleet management software.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs overhauls on gas or diesel engines.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a technician position requiring knowledge and application of OSHA Haz Com; OSHA Lock Out Tag Out and all OSHA Fire Protection regulations.
- Minimum of 1 year of prior experience as a technician working on heavy equipment, demonstrating the ability to service increasingly more challenging maintenance repairs.
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life insurance