Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
North Chicago, IL US
The HVAC/Refrigeration Group handles comfort complaints, and preventive maintenance, repair of ice machines, refrigerators and freezer units, low temperature refrigeration systems, environmental chambers, incubators, air dryers, lab heating and cooling equipment dehumidifiers, stability chambers. The HVAC/R Mechanic II will work on the HVAC/R systems and equipment and control systems. The candidate will troubleshoot mechanical problems, perform all required tasks, and make repairs necessary to return the equipment to operation in a timely manner.
Good judgment is necessary in matters pertaining to customer satisfaction and quality of services performed. The primary function of this role is to provide 24-hour, 7 day a week "skilled trade" maintenance support to the manufacturing, research and development laboratories, warehouses, and office facilities.
Your tasks include:
- Utilizing your ability and job knowledge to independently perform and understand hardware, operating systems, and maintenance work on a variety of HVAC/R equipment and systems including production, lab, and facility equipment
- The HVAC/R Mechanic II will work as a multi-skill tradesperson, doing mechanical, pipefitting, building maintenance and other work on special assignments as required and assigned The HVAC/R Mechanic II may be assigned as a lead person in a crew of two or more tradespersons on larger projects
- Would be the liaison person and coordinator of work assigned to the crew
- Assists in ensuring that GMP and safe work policies and procedures are followed and always maintained in accordance with established company policies
- Participates in work group team meetings and actively looks for methods and work processes that improve productivity, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction
- Work includes troubleshooting, ordering parts and installation of parts and material on equipment such as fractional horsepower motors, unit circulation fans, basic electrical devices associated with the control of the units, air conditioners, air handlers, compressors, pumps, walk in coolers and freezers, and so on
- Performs preventative and demand maintenance work on all types of plant HVAC/R equipment Including fans, valves, actuators, variable air volume controllers, and so on
- May install bearings, seals, belts, gaskets, on HVAC/R equipment utilizing a variety of gauges, tools and test equipment including vacuum and pressure gauges, leak detectors, torque wrenches, multi-meters, amp meters, and so on
- Perform mechanical overhauls and performs preventive maintenance work on all types of plant HVAC equipment
- Brazing and soldering of heating and cooling coils
- Perform troubleshooting and mechanical repairs and to install refrigeration equipment and accessories according to standards
- Independently evaluate the use of various resources and make knowledgeable decisions regarding safety and company standards and policies
- Perform CMMS functions that pertain to refrigeration maintenance, PM, and related activities.
Base salary, overtime eligible, annual profit sharing (7% of total annual earnings), a full pension plan, 6% 401k matching, and Fortune 100 benefits.