Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
1. Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, mechanical equipment, and physical structures to include:
- AC units (air cooled, water cooled, heat pumps from 2 - 50 tons)
- Heating units (electrical and gas fired systems)
- Refrigeration units
- Ventilation units (to include make-up air units, exhaust fans and pressure fans)
- Ducting (sizing and installing per code)
- Ice machines (80 lbs to 500 lbs air and water cooled)
- Familiar with Freon types - R-22, R-410, R-134, R-404 and R-124
2. Handles scheduled and emergency repairs.
3. Maintains working knowledge and demonstrated high level of trouble shooting skills of HVAC and associated systems. Displays proficiency in electrical problem solving.
4. Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment. Possesses and maintains required hand tools necessary for job.
5. Correctly identifies proper name of every machine in plant.
6. Utilizes computer based inventory system for generating reports to locating spare parts.
7. Functions with a high degree of autonomy, requiring minimal supervision.
8. Maintains records and time reports as required.
9. Performs quality work within reasonable time standards set forth by management in verbal or written instructions.
10. May assist in the training of other employees.
11. Maintains a safe, clean work environment while performing all tasks.
12. Utilizes mandatory safety equipment. Executes duties in a safe and efficient manner.
13. Participation in continuous improvement team and activities.
14. Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Experience and skill requirements:
- Evidence of four years recent successful experience in the heating and refrigeration field.
- Advanced troubleshooting and repair skills related to commercial HVAC systems.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and O/M manuals and apply this knowledge in the repair of all HVAC equipment.
- Ability to train and demonstrate proper safe use and operation of equipment to staff.
- Ability to estimate time and materials.
- Under limited supervision, must have ability to troubleshoot and repair heavy commercial HVAC equipment (3 tons and above) and repair most light commercial HVAC equipment (3 tons and below).
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively and professionally under pressure.
- Ability to get along well with others.
- Knowledge of methods, tools, and equipment associated with HVAC trade.
- Must possess a CFC Class 4 Universal certification.
- Must have a State Card
- Must be willing to carry a cellular phone and respond to off-hour calls
Starting $24 - $27/hr
12-hour shifts, 4 days one week, 3 the next
Most new techs start on 6: 30pm - 6: 30am shift
8 hours overtime built into schedule
Full comprehensive benefits plan