Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Generator Service Technician
This is a Monday-Friday role, that requires you going onsite to customer locations in your region. You are home nightly but may be asked to volunteer for work outside of your territory.
You must have a clean driving record for this position. No DUI/DWIs and not more than 3 speeding tickets.
The candidate will maintain generators and outdoor power equipment. Formal training including Kohler factory training; certifications; goal is for 100% of the technicians to be EGSA certified, which is the gold standard for generator technicians (in-house training and preparation).
The client has an in-house university in the development phase, for employee training and development, beyond just being a generator technician. There is tuition reimbursement for outside continued education/personal development.
The company believes in promoting from within: numerous examples of employees who started out as technicians and moved into other roles including sales, sales support, and management.
Job purpose: Servicing customer generators, including troubleshooting, repairing, performing preventative maintenance and startups.
Essential job functions:
- Efficient, effective, safe, and economical use of company time and equipment
- Perform maintenance on power generation equipment and automatic transfer switches
- Perform start-up and warranty work on power generation equipment
- Process required paperwork in a timely and complete manner
- Responsible for parts inventory on service truck
- Responsible for the care, cleanliness and upkeep of truck maintenance
- Notify supervisor of any necessary repairs
- Maintain vehicle maintenance logs
- Responsible for cellular phone usage per company policy
- Responsible for care and security of company property, including computer devices
- Participate in a 24/7 emergency on-call service for our customers
- Must track time and attendance daily
- Maintain a library or data base of service-related literature and information
- Provide recommendations and develop strategies on how to improve quality and quantity of services
You will have a company take-home truck.
Hourly pay is $20 - $26/hr depending on your experience. There is plenty of opportunity to grow your hourly rate through training and certifications. There is also on-call pay for any time you are on-call.