Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Field Support Technician
Typical profile for these positions are those with an advanced electrical troubleshooting and maintenance background. They will teach you the specifics of PLCs if you don't have that in your profile! Typical tasks include, troubleshooting, control wiring, panel building, programming, hardware investigation (reading manuals), creating, updating and following procedures, documentation.
A PLC Paramedics Level I Support is required to respond- on short notice- to any customer request requiring advanced electrical troubleshooting of a wide variety of equipment typically involving a PLC.
The technician should arrive at the job site as prepared as possible, be able to quickly assess and diagnose the situation, and either perform the corrective action or gather the information necessary to determine the next step for the corrective action. This is a challenging position and requires excellent troubleshooting skills and a lot of "thinking on your feet" in various situations and environments.
Typical work week for a Level 1 Support Tech:
On Monday morning, you would report to the shop in Elkton, MD at 8: 30am for the Weekly Company meeting. During this meeting you will be provided with your weekly schedule that shows what is planned for you this week.
Depending on your level of experience, in the beginning you will spend a lot of time in the shop training or going along with the Service Manager, President or other technicians on Service Calls. Nearly all service calls initiate between the normal working hours of 8am - 4pm Monday - Friday, however depending on the nature of the problem, the workday may occasionally go beyond normal business hours.
Specific position requirements:
- The ability to troubleshoot control systems using a Digital Multimeter (DMM), laptop, and other basic electrical test equipment provided by the company.
- The willingness to drive to customer sites (typically within a 100 mile radius, but occasionally further) on short notice.
- The ability to eventually learn and use multiple PLC, HMI, and VFD programming software packages. Such as RS Logix 5000, Factory Talk Studio, Direct Soft, TIA Portal, and so on.
- This position requires- first and foremost- a professional and positive attitude, and good personal character traits including: honesty, trustworthiness, the willingness and ability to learn, the ability to work and learn with minimal supervision, the ability to exercise good judgment, and good communication with customers and other associates.
- You are meeting clients face-to-face, the client is in need of folks whom have the personality and technical confidence to get the job done!
Training: 1-6 weeks Depending on Experience in the shop and following Senior Reps.
Pay Grade: $25 - $35/hr + Overtime + Quarterly bonuses + Time flexibility (small company that lends personal time)
If they have PLC experence - $35 - $45 an hour.