Field Service Technician
- Remotely monitors systems to insure optimal product operations at customer sites through onsite and remote HMI interfaces.
- Troubleshoots computer, electrical, mechanical and pneumatic faults at customer sites.
- Provides in-depth pre- and post-sales support to end-users for the complete product line and systems.
- Interfaces with customers on-site to deliver product and service training.
- Assists with development and maintenance of technical documentation including operator's manuals, service manuals and training materials.
- Provides feedback to R&D, Engineering and Manufacturing groups to improve product performance and serviceability.
- Electrical and pneumatic machine experience preferred. Experience with variable frequency drives and troubleshooting automation equipment also a plus.
Several occasions where a client will shut down there facility on weekends to provide an opportunity for machines to be serviced, which presents numerous opportunities to the employee for overtime. Overtime is at 25-30% historically.
Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. To apply, if you have not already filled out a candidate application, start the process here: https://mapp.bradley-morris.com.