Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. To apply, if you have not already filled out a candidate application, start the process here: https://mapp.bradley-morris.com.
Field Service Technician
- Have an interest in and understanding of basic electricity and electronics.
- Possess mechanical skills.
- Exhibit the ability to use and understand "industry standard" instruments and testing techniques
- Be able to work independently
- Exhibit the ability to recognize and perform corrective measures in the field.
- Communicate verbally with the customer, vessel crew and co-workers regarding technical issues as well as generate basic written reports.
Some shipboard experience is required. Work entails the troubleshooting, repair, and replacement of control equipment onboard ships. Technicians also supervise and, at times, assist shipyard personnel during the installation or replacement of hull components (anodes and reference cells) while ships are on dry-dock. There will also be many one-day troubleshooting jobs where the technician visits a vessel pier side or at terminal to perform service or system checks.
Most work is done in USA shipyards or terminals located in Gulf of Mexico region and on the East Coast (Charleston, Newport News, New York/New Jersey). Foreign travel (Mexico, Bahamas, Panama, and Curacao) will, at times, be required. When not in the field, the successful applicant will report to our Hoboken New Jersey or Wall New Jersey locations.
As the Technician you will occasionally work with the Senior Shop Technician troubleshooting, repairing, and preparing new equipment to be installed in the field. Typical job length is 3 to 5 days during ship or rig's dry-docking period. The Technician usually stays in a hotel, reports to job early morning and, depending on yard's schedule, works 8 to 10 hour day.
The base salary is $50k. In addition to this you will make travel pay, commissions and bonuses. Reasonably, you can expect to make between $75 - $85k your first year.