Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Field Service Technician
Maintains and repairs stationary steam boilers and boiler house auxiliaries by performing the following duties:
- Diagnose the cause of equipment malfunction or failure
- Disassembles repairs and reassembles components and units as required. Adjust and calibrate equipment to operating specifications
- Assembles and installs new units as required
- Sell assured preventive maintenance programs, service and repair parts, compounds, and chemicals
Essential Duties: Your job is to receive working instructions, work orders, blueprints or drawings from supervisor then review the job requirements and verify that the required tools, equipment, parts, material, and manuals are part of the service vehicle inventory. You will diagnose the cause of equipment malfunction or failure by interviewing customer, using appropriate monitoring and test equipment.
- Disassemble, repair, and reassemble units as required
- Uncrates and assembles new units according to specifications
- You will also train customer-operating personnel on how to run and maintain equipment
- Clean or direct other workers to clean boilers and auxiliary equipment
- Inspect and repair boiler fittings such as safety valves, regulators, automatic control mechanisms, and water columns, and auxiliary machines such as pumps, draft fans, stokers, and burners
- Replace damaged boiler tubes and plates
- Repair or replace high pressure piping
- Patch boiler insulation
- Paint surface of equipment
- Perform water pressure test by pumping water into system to determine location of leaks
$29/hour + overtime+ company truck (Ford 150) with fuel and insurance paid by the company, monthly uniforms allowance, 401K plan with company match dollar for dollar up to 5%, 10 days vacation, 5 days sick, and 10 holidays.