Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Field Service Technician
Provide on-site installation, service and diagnostic repair of Company products at customer locations and the manufacturing facility.
High school graduate or equivalent with training in electronics from associate degree programs, the military, vocational schools, equipment manufacturers or employers.
Minimum of three (3) years field service installation and repair work with electronic equipment. Proven experience and knowledge working with PC architecture and troubleshooting. Must have Federal Communications Commission (FCC) general class license or ability to successfully complete the testing process.
- Thorough knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software, including applications.
- Working knowledge of PC hardware and peripherals.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to read work orders, prints and other documentation.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality with customer data and company information.
- Familiar with basic test equipment, that is, oscilloscope, signal generator, power meters, and so on.
- Ability to communicate in a concise and professional manner with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
- Ability to give product overview training at customer locations as necessary.
- Ability to travel to installation sites for extended periods of time, willingness to work other shifts, weekends and overtime as necessary.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to perform and tolerate repetitive motion.
- Must have FCC general class license or ability to successfully test for the license.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Install product into customer's vehicle.
- Test and troubleshoot installed product.
- Calibrate instruments to meet established performance standards.
- Provide onsite technical support and repair of Company products under various field conditions.
- Adjust installation procedures to fit customer requests and to adapt to a variety of vehicle makes and models.
- Maintain customer contact and management reporting system to document historical data of all communications and corrective action taken with individual customers.
- Generate and respond to Customer Complaint Reports (CCRs).
- Generate orders for parts or assemblies that are required by customers.
- Complete expense reports in a timely manner.
- Travel based on business need.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equipment to be used:
Soldering iron, de-soldering gun, small hand tools, basic test equipment, computer, telephone, and safety glasses.
Typical physical demands:
Physical transport of equipment, lifting, pulling, twisting squatting, and crawling may be necessary in the installation of equipment. Occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move in excess of fifty (50) pounds using lifting aids, technologies, or appropriate assistance. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must possess good manual dexterity.
Typical mental demands:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance.