Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Field Service Technician
Essential duties and responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs testing on low and medium voltage breakers including Megger, Ductor, Hi-Pot, Hi-Current, and Timing tests.
- Completes mechanical work and repairs on breakers including wiring, painting, parts replacement
- Utilizes and accurately reads meters.
- Reading schematics
- Reading and plotting curves
- Testing on power transformers including Power Factor, TTR
- Perform and lead a crew in the field for testing/maintenance/repair of breakers, transformers, switchgear, motor control and associated equipment
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years experience as a Switchgear/High Voltage Technician. Proficiency with high current test set and time current curves.
Reasoning Development: Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
Mathematical Development: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plain and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions of practical situations.
Language Development: Ability to read company manuals and reports, workplace rules and procedures; speak with poise and confidence, using correct English.
Licensures and Certifications: None required.
Education: High School Diploma.