Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. To apply, if you have not already filled out a candidate application, start the process here: https://mapp.bradley-morris.com.
Field Service Technician - Electrical
Duties and responsibilities
- Repair and maintain electrical equipment by servicing, disassembling, reassembling, repairing, testing, machinery, machine components and equipment that operates primarily on the basis of electrical principles.
- Knowledge/experience working with and troubleshooting Allen Bradley PLC 5-5000 and HMI Rockwell Factory Talk software.
- Set up and/or operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions. Identify solutions to on-site technical design problems involving electrical systems equipment.
- Ability to read, interpret, and work from electrical schematics, product manuals, and maintenance documentation.
- Prepare work to be completed by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists. Gather parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials necessary to perform the job.
- Perform routine maintenance and inspections. Troubleshoot malfunctions and repairs on equipment as well as provide installation support for new or modernized equipment.
- Assist in electrical upgrades and repairs along with implementation of tailored predictive and preventive maintenance on our equipment.
- Ability to train customers' personnel in proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Must be self-starter who can manage their own individual work and activities in the field along with those of customers' personnel and sub-contractors.
- Actively seek training opportunities to enhance personal knowledge and capabilities.
- Travel is required. (60% or more)
The descriptions as noted above cover the most significant duties as performed but do not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned; the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the general nature of this job.
Qualifications and skills
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum of 5 years' electrical experience with industrial equipment and electrical systems including PLCs. An equivalent combination of education, training or experience will be accepted. A degree in a technical field is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of machinery basics and a high aptitude in mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems is necessary.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, or schematics and identify parts, operation and applications of tools used in machining production techniques while maintaining a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Previous experience in the metals industry or with press equipment is preferable.
- Read, maintain and properly report readings from various measurement and calibration tools utilized in the fitting, alignment or setting of mechanical equipment.
- Communicate by providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Ability to observe, receive, and analyze information to evaluate results and choose the best solution to solve problems.
- Computer Skills: Pro/E or similar 3D CAD environment is required. Working knowledge of AutoCAD or similar 2D CAD environment is of important.
Eligible for overtime a 1.5x
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Electrical: 5 years
Education: High school or equivalent
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Required work authorization: United States