Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Field Service Engineer/Project Manager
The candidate would be based in Lexington, NC (about 30 minutes from Greensboro) and be willing to travel to job sites in North America, South America, and Canada. Approximately 75% travel, for periods of up to 3 weeks.
We are looking for an experienced person, with a head for mechanical engineering and an aptitude for troubleshooting mechanical issues.
- Supervise customer's workforce and sub-contractors in the installation and erection of company supplied equipment and parts, using hoist, cranes, truck lifts, hand tools and power tools.
- Provide customer and operator training pertaining to company supplied equipment and parts.
- Must have a working knowledge of blueprints, schematic drawings and other drawings in an Industrial establishment to determine work procedures.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and assist in establishing a maintenance schedule.
- Structural steel, MIG, and TIG welding experience preferred.
- Perform maintenance on the hydraulic pumps and filter systems.
- Assists crane technician with support duties.
- Maintain, organize, control, inventory supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Attends classes and seminars on trade related topics, components and system design to update skills.
- Responsible for accurate and timely paperwork related to essential duties and responsibilities.
- A minimum of 5-years' field experience in mechanical installation, or electrical installation and onsite project management. High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Millwright degree preferred, but not required.
- Good working knowledge of electronics for example. Variable frequency drives, universal digital controllers, modulation motors, and a general working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC Controls.
- Practice safe work habits and comply with all company work and safety standards.
- General working knowledge of industrial burners, steam systems, and safety control.
- Working knowledge of general manufacturing practices and general machine design.
- Good customer service skills with a focus on resolving field issues and completing the scope of service in a timely and professional manner.
- Good manual dexterity, and good hand/eye coordination.
- Good communication skills through writing, speech, and hearing.
- Capable of working on ladders, walking stairs, and on uneven surfaces.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of mechanical operations used in the industry and be able to maintain, install, repair, and troubleshoot all systems, equipment, and facilities.
- Possess the necessary skills and aptitudes required to operate maintenance tools and related machinery.
- Be able to operate all facility equipment to the degree needed for troubleshooting and testing.
- Applicant must be able to pass background screening and drug testing.
- Applicant must be able to acquire a United States Passport.
Must be open to high travel, both national and international (Approximately 75% travel for periods of up to 4 weeks at a time.)
$25-$30/hour DOE and training required, full comprehensive benefits plan. Could easily make $70 - $80k+ first year with 6-figure potential.