Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Field Service Engineer
Sellersville, PA US
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for providing maintenance, modification, installation, calibration, commissioning, validation, and technical support to users of the equipment to a standard consistent with the high quality of the equipment and with the reasonable expectations of the customers.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance outlined in technical manuals required on company product lines; this includes disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; reassembling as required; adjusting and calibrating machines using specialized tools
- Troubleshoot, repair, or refurbish standard and special purpose equipment and systems components
- Perform validation activities to include installation, qualification, operation qualification, performance qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ), thermal mapping and cycle development
- Perform and supervise installation and acceptance tests
- Perform administrative duties as assigned to ensure effective planning, utilization, and required paperwork completion, this includes, completion of Service Call Certificates (SCC), relevant expense reports, calibration certificates and protocols
- Develop and maintain effective communicative relationships with customers and managers
- Communicate activities to customers to include scheduling of maintenance and estimated time of arrival for unscheduled work
- Utilize provided product and industry knowledge to assure customer's expectations of service are exceeded
- Respond to routine customer and sales questions regarding equipment operation and performance or direct questions to more experienced colleagues
- Maintains a courteous, smart, and professional demeanor when working with customers, contractors, management and colleagues
- Utilize customer protocols/standard operating procedure (SOP) when entering and exiting facilities
- Follow all company and customer health and safety protocols and procedures
Base salary with overtime and a year-end bonus. $70 per diem plus an additional per diem bonus. Monday - Friday travel. After a 90 probationary period of employment, the FSE is eligible for our very generous benefits package which includes fully company paid medical, dental, vision, LTD & STD, and life insurance. The FSE will also be eligible to enroll in their very generous 401K plan; our company matches 100% of employee's contribution up to 10%.
After the 90-day probationary period, the FSE also receives a company car. All gas, insurance, and maintenance expenses are paid by the company. Classroom training in Sellersville PA the first month, then work from home and learning by OJT partnered with another tech. Philly or Allentown is ideal. 60% overnight travel