Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.


Field Service Engineer

Rochester, NY

Industry: Manufacturing, Other Job Number: 28E47485-83C1-4C3D-A032-7DDA611636F1 Pay Rate: $80 - $90K

Job Description

In this role, you will become a subject matter expert in optical equipment technology. This technology supports various industries, from vision centers and laboratories to defense and shooting sports companies. The technology is critical to their clients that depend on the high-tolerance, accuracy and quality required by their customer base. Many military candidates have filled this dynamic role.

The Field Service Engineer, reporting to the Service Manager, will provide prompt and accurate technical support by installing, repairing, and performing maintenance on the machinery. 80% of your work will be routine maintenance, and the other 20% will be repair situations and installations. You must be able to read and interpret hydraulics, electrical, and pneumatic schematics. You will provide technical support to customers via travel (face-to-face) and telephone support. You will regularly travel to customers during week, as well as trade shows, training, and meetings. The goal is to have you home every weekend. Being prompt will be critical in this position because you must address all concerns quickly, which means being available for phone service when necessary.

The ideal candidate for this position will have the following:

- Strong electrical and mechanical skills, the stronger your electrical skills, the better you'll be able to perform your duties; describe how you troubleshoot problems? What equipment do you use? What if you need a technical repair manual? How would you walk through troubleshooting an issue?
- Off the charts communication skills, you will be the face of the company and they need to trust your abilities to interact with clients, be able to describe solutions to people in a professional way
- Steady hands, this can be a stressful environment, describe how you've managed stressful situations where you were the go-to person
- Flexibility, this position is close to being a road warrior, you will be gone a few nights per week and home on the weekends

You must ensure this will not create any issues with you or your family.

The job will be based in your home. When you travel, the company pays for all company travel (airfare, hotel). You must obtain a company credit card for incidentals, but your employer pays for all major expenses. The company will also provide cell phones, laptops, and all the tools needed to complete your job. You will work in locations as close to home as possible, but you will support the team nationally.

Base salary, plus overtime, profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, and a401k. Flexible Spending and Medical Spending accounts (pre-taxed.)

Job 56692

Additional Information

Company is a leader in the medical device industry.
Apply Online

Send an email reminder to:

Refer A Friend

Share This Job: