Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Field Service Engineer
Indianapolis, IN US
They are looking to bring on a Field Service Engineer to be based in Indianapolis, Indiana at their corporate offices. In this position, you will complete machine start up, demonstration, maintenance, and repair services and remote support. They are specifically looking for folks with an electrical or electronics background (FC, ET, sonar techs, avionics techs, EM, AE, Power Pros) that have some mechanical skills. The hiring manager was a Fire Control tech in the Navy and wants to bring on folks that he can train into the role. The ideal Field Service Engineer candidate must be customer focused and be able to perform all mechanical and electronic repairs required in a timely fashion while meeting all required administrative requirements.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Perform low risk troubleshooting and repairs on the designated equipment
- Perform supervised calibrations, installations, and preventative maintenance
- Read, analyze, interpret, and follow signal flow on blueprints, schematics and wiring diagrams
- Prior to new machine shipment, you will contact or, personally visit the customer to thoroughly review and gain the customer's agreement to install the machine in accordance with the company's installation recommendations
- Supervise the assembly of machines in the customer's facility.
Travel is 60-70% in the US. You're expected to be on the road 3 weeks or so a month, and in the office a week. The company gives you a company credit card and a work truck.
You will train for 1-2 months in office, and then 6 months travelling locally with a senior tech.
Base salary DOE, overtime, a company credit card and work truck.