Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. To apply, if you have not already filled out a candidate application, start the process here: https://mapp.bradley-morris.com.
Field Service Engineer
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Supports the Product Engineering Teams that are responsible for families of products by participating in the Product Development Process as required to meet the objective of the design.
- Collaborates with sales, technicians, designers, and other engineers to understand project requirements and perform technical support through the use of thorough and effective communication.
- Supports machine delivery to the end user.
- Successfully maintains project scope and identifies project feature creep.
- Ensures machines comply with manufacturing drawings and sales commitments.
- Supports customer, and effectively tests control and operational systems.
- Creates and documents any deviation from sales, engineering and manufacturing procedures as required.
- Works closely with electrical/electronic designers to create complete setup documentation for every machine line.
- Receives direction and information from the Service Manager for projects.
- Maintaining awareness of cost goals, reliability requirements, and delivery capability.
- Serves as liaison between engineering and non-engineering departments to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Identifies and documents manufacturing risks.
- Confers with other customer and final assembly personnel to implement correct operating procedures.
- Assists in creating and maintaining standard operating procedures for electrical assembly processes on site.
- Provides support for manufacturing to help troubleshoot and resolve electrical/control system issues.
- Approximately 60-70% travel; travel on short notice to assist customers with problem resolution at customer site.
- Able to stay on site until job completion.
- Able to obtain a valid U.S. Passport and travel internationally.
Company cell phone, laptop, tools and travel paid for
Professional training and continual education