Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Field Service Engineer
Dallas, TX US
As a Field Service Technician, you will provide quick and efficient support by quickly assessing each situation and determining the best path forward. Sometimes you solve the problem with advice or a solution on the spot. Sometimes you will need to roll up your sleeves, dive in and troubleshoot the heck out of it. Strong troubleshooting and repair experience on electrical, electronic, and mechanical equipment is a must have.
The job may require travel up to 100%. When you are not at a customer site you will work locally with the testing department and utilize your skills to help validate our products as they move through the manufacturing process.
There is a lot of afterhours and weekend work, so you may be on the road over the weekend; they need true road warriors for this role. They do compensate you with plenty of overtime each week, but they are trying to get enough FSTs on board so travel goes from 100% to 40-60% and overtime goes down to 10-15 hours/week.
Essential job functions and responsibilities:
- Travel to client sites and perform equipment setup, operation, equipment adjustments and minor preventative maintenance tasks
- Train the customer on proper use of equipment
- Identify problems, test solutions and report findings
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of industrial automation and power distribution equipment
- Willingness and ability to work overtime, including working a flexible and variable schedule as needed to meet customer needs
- Ability to understand and follow blueprints, guidelines and/or diagrams to ensure product specifications
- Ability to diagnose electrical systems using multimeters and other appropriate equipment
Additional requirements, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent time management skills with ability to make decisions quickly and communicate effectively
- Able to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving issues
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and understanding of schematics
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in industrial equipment installation, servicing and repairs or related fields is a nice to have but will also consider your military experience.
- Ability to be flexible with your schedule as work hours will be based on business needs
- Travel within the US
Base salary, plenty of overtime, health, dental and vision insurance.