Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.


Field Service Engineer

Austin, TX

Industry: Manufacturing, Other Job Number: 1631AD70-9B8E-4430-850E-DA844BD9DE91-4 Pay Rate: $70 - $80K

Job Description

The Field Service Engineer, reporting to the Service Manager, provides prompt and accurate technical support by installing, repairing, and performing maintenance on all machinery. Roughly 80% of your work will be routine maintenance and the other 20% will be repair situations and/or installations.

- You must possess ability to read and interpret hydraulics, electrical and pneumatic schematics
- You will provide technical support to customers via travel (face-to-face) and telephone support
- You will maintain a normal travel schedule which will involve travel to customers a few night per week as well as trade shows, training, and meetings

The goal is to have you home every weekend. Being prompt will be key in this position, as you will need to address all concerns in a timely manner. This will mean being available for phone service when necessary.

The ideal candidate for this position will have the following:

- Strong electrical and/or mechanical skills, the stronger your electrical skills, the better you will be able to perform your duties
- Can describe how you troubleshoot problems, what equipment do you use, what if you don't have a technical repair manual, how would you walk through troubleshooting a problem
- Off the charts communication skills, you will be the face of the company, and they needs to trust your abilities to interact with clients, be able to describe how you can describe solutions to people in a professional way
- Steady hands, this can be a stressful environment, so be able to describe how you've handled stressful situations where you were the go to person

You must be flexible, this position is pretty close to being a road warrior. On average, you will be gone a few nights per week and home on the weekends. You must ensure this will not create any issues with you or your family.

The job will be based in your home. When you do travel, all company travel (airfare, hotel) is paid for by the company. You will be required to obtain a company credit card for incidentals but all major expenses are paid for by your employer. The company will also provide cell phones, laptops, and all tools needed to complete your job. Your travel will be national but with a focus to allow you to work in locations as close to home as possible, while still supporting the team nationally.

Base salary, plus overtime. Profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, a 401k, flexible spending, and medical spending accounts (pre-taxed).

Job 56133

Additional Information

You will be working with a company that has incredible benefits and ties to a larger umbrella company that can help you develop and grow as well.
Apply Online

Send an email reminder to:

Refer A Friend

Share This Job: