Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Field Maintenance Mechanic
- Travel to job site and operate unloader car for the unloading of rail.
- Perform equipment maintenance (CWR Operations) in the field as well as at Columbia City yard by completing preventive maintenance requirements as related to rail train cars and unloader units, following manuals, diagrams, manufacturer's instructions and engineering specifications.
- Perform equipment maintenance (Yard Operations) at Columbia City yard. Ensure operation of machinery and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, hydraulic tools, rail saw, conveyor systems, portable hydraulic equipment, following manuals, diagrams manufacturer's instructions and engineering specifications.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Support the Yard Operations, during down time and as needed through production work
- Operate production equipment.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists, powered industrial equipment, hands and power tools (forklifts, grinders, MiG and stick welders, and plasma and acetylene torches).
- Fabricate and repair parts by using provided machinery equipment and tools.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational classes, workshops and reviewing technical publications and establishing professional networks.
- Coordinate work with outside vendors and insure quality standards and expectations are being met.
- Under the direction of the Manager, lead the functions of the Safety Committee.
- Extensive work time spent in the field with other time spent in office.
- E-Railsafe and Roadway Worker Protection (RWP) certification for applicable client railways, plus other customer-based training as may be required to access work sites.
- Ability and willingness to follow all applicable safety and operating rules for client railways in a professional and conscientious manner.
- Extensive travel to work sites throughout North America is required on a weekly basis.
- Overtime hours may be necessary as workloads dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 100lbs and be subjected to occasional moderate to intense physical exertion while performing required duties on uneven and rocky surfaces.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, walk, use hands and finger to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crouch, for prolonged periods of time.
Work may also involve:
-Close proximity to moving mechanical parts
-Exposure to risk of electrical shock
-Moderate heights to access equipment for repair / inspection
-Inclement weather conditions (for example, wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold or heat)
-Exposure to fumes, airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals