Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Field Maintenance Mechanic
Columbia City, IN
- Operate unloader for CWR Train in field.
- Travel to job site and operate unloader car for the unloading of rail
- Perform equipment maintenance (CWR Operations) in the field as well as at Columbia City yard by completing preventive maintenance requirements as related to rail train cars and unloader units, following manuals, diagrams, manufacturer's instructions and engineering specifications.
- Perform equipment maintenance (yard operations) at Columbia City yard. Ensure operation of machinery and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, hydraulic tools, rail saw, conveyor systems, portable hydraulic equipment, following manuals, diagrams manufacturer's instructions and engineering specifications.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Support the yard operations, during down time and as needed through production work.
- Operate production equipment.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists, powered industrial equipment, hands and power tools (forklifts, grinders, MIG and stick welders, plasma and acetylene torches).
- Fabricate and repair parts by using provided machinery equipment and tools
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational classes, workshops and reviewing technical publications and establishing professional networks.
- Coordinate work with outside vendors and insure quality standards and expectations are being met.
- Under the direction of the Manager, lead the functions of the Safety Committee.
- Extensive work time spent in the field with other time spent in office.
- e-RAILSAFE and Roadway Worker Protection (RWP) certification for applicable client railways, plus other customer-based training as may be required to access work sites.
- Ability and willingness to follow all applicable safety and operating rules for client railways in a professional and conscientious manner.
- Extensive travel to work sites throughout North America is required on a weekly basis.
- Overtime hours may be necessary as workloads dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 100lbs and be subjected to occasional moderate to intense physical exertion while performing required duties on uneven and rocky surfaces.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, walk, use hands and finger to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crouch, for prolonged periods of time.
Work may also involve:
- Proximity to moving mechanical parts
- Exposure to risk of electrical shock
- Moderate heights to access equipment for repair / inspection
- Inclement weather conditions (for example wet, humid conditions, extreme cold or heat)
- Exposure to fumes, airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals