Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Columbus, OH US
The Facilities Technician is the experienced level in this series and can perform a wide variety of work to ensure that the facilities and equipment are maintained in a safe and effective working condition. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing work in all operational and Facilities areas, depending upon the immediate needs of the department. While Facilities Technicians may have developed skills in one or more areas, all are expected to be able to perform general Facilities and repair in all areas of assignment, which may include equipment repair and maintenance as well as buildings, material handling, offices, lighting, electrical and plumbing in any of the distribution centers. You are not required to know all of this up front but, rather, willing and able to learn new platforms. Work in a climate controlled, very clean distribution centers.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical manuals, schematics, and blueprints
- Ability to have just some basics in electrical, to the point of being able to use electrical diagnostic equipment (to include things like multi-meter, digital and analog meters, or amp meters for AC/DC testing)
- Ability to work as a team member by interacting and communicating with co-workers and managers in a cooperative and constructive manner
- Ability to change load wheels on power equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair low and high voltage controls including fuses, relays, wiring
- Perform skilled and semi-skilled maintenance activities including performing material handling equipment troubleshooting and repair; basic activities such as electrical, plumbing, drywall and painting; office furniture moves and setups
- Maintain the building, equipment, shop and storage areas in a clean and orderly condition
- Follow lockout-tag out procedures, confined space procedures, and other safety and environmental procedures and policies as required
Base salary 5 hours overtime per week, $1 per hour shift differential, tools are provided.