Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
Richmond, VA US
Their Building Products Team is looking for a Facilities Supervisor to join them in Thurmont, MD. As a Manufacturing Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising assigned manufacturing production activities, including production, output, quality, safety, materials, department goals, and coaching and developing the hourly workforce. In addition, this position will lead the maintenance and facilities activities in the plant, including scheduled and non-routine maintenance in support of operational requirements, working with external vendors, oversight of maintenance equipment installation and upgrades, and leading a team of maintenance technicians and support the operation's quality, safety, and production goals.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the assigned team, this includes building a strong, interactive team, fostering employee engagement, mentoring through listening, coaching and performance reviews, training, and onboarding, and reducing employee turnover to achieve plant objectives
- Manage the daily production and schedule requirements for assigned departments and ensure a consistent flow of work through the departments
- Adjust available resources and respond to shortfalls or imbalances
- Ensure assigned department(s) achieves quality goals to deliver on the company's Brand Promise
- Review quality standards and processes regularly and make recommendations on corrections or improvements
- Work with plant support operations, such as Materials, Scheduling, and Logistics, to ensure a balanced schedule and a consistent flow of material into assigned production areas
- Plan and coordinate maintenance and facilities activities throughout the manufacturing plant, including preventative and ad hoc activities, maintenance projects, and negotiating and scheduling third-party vendors, this may include on-call or after-hours requirements, as needed
- Provide technical expertise to plant leadership regarding equipment, maintenance procedures, quality standards, efficiencies, and safety/working conditions
- Partner with production leaders to ensure that maintenance activities align with production requirements to support operational efficiency and minimize downtime
- Ensure safe working conditions and work habits for employees through the identification and correction of any safety concerns/issues, safety training, conducting safety audits, LO/TO, equipment and fall protection inspections, and conducting first aid/near miss/accident investigations to determine root cause and resolution
- Support management in leading the plant safety program and ensuring compliance with applicable OSHA regulations.
Bases salary, plus full benefits and a 401k. There is a strong profit-sharing program once you are vested. Day shift