Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage comprehensive EHS program including development and implementation of safety and environmental procedures, policies, and training compliant to regulatory requirements of agencies including, but not limited to OSHA, EPA, US DOT, SCDHEC, and others and congruent with the company's OSHA dashboard.
- Manage air permitting including air dispersion modeling and agency reporting requirements.
- Manage water permitting processes including on site pretreatment, permitting, and all required reporting.
- Assist in management of Hazardous Waste Area and shipment of Hazardous and Universal Wastes.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all SARA Title III reportable chemicals and their quantities; prepare and submit annual reports.
- Serve as company representative during any third party inspections working to mitigate any findings and potential notice of violations [NOVs].
- Monitor contractor safety and actively participate in process change reviews [including Kaizen and other operational changes].
-Assists HR with Workers' Compensation claims management and return-to-work program.
- Manage annual Job Safety Analysis [JSA] auditing and updates.
- Conduct routine walkthroughs of each value stream.
- Participate and lead in facility Safety Committee activities to include safety and environmental inspections.
- Lead the investigation of accidents and injuries; support HR with material for hearings and insurance investigations.
- Coordinate emergency response procedures and first responder certifications; coordinate with others on security practices.
- Maintain and update Safety Data Sheets and train employees in their use.
- Maintain OSHA 300 logs and prepare reports to agencies and internal postings.
- Prepare and report accident statistics locally and to corporate. Complete and submit semi-annual CP700 report to corporate EHS team.
- Ensure forklift Inspection sheets are accurately completed and maintained on file for 1 year. Ensure maintenance work orders are submitted and corrections are made for any needed repairs.
- Oversee TOPS [Together Observations Promote Safety] program-develop, implement, ensure success.
- Oversee Hearing Conservation program and annual audiograms.
- Communicate with employees/promote safety via biweekly Safety Toolbox Talks.
- Work with community (Fire Department, county, Savannah River Site) for Hazmat and Hazwoper program and compliance.
- Attend daily Operations Staff meetings.
Measures of Success:
- Year over year reduction in accident and incident frequency.
- Year over year reduction in Workers Compensation costs.
- Necessary skill base in place for fabrication and assembly; positions business to deliver on SQDC targets
- Successful design and implementation of policies, procedures and training pertaining to achieving green status in the company's safety dashboard.
- Successful internal audit review each of concerning the progress made in Environmental Health and Safety management.
- Successful pass of an OSHA audit at any time; minimal disruption to business as a result of any audit or citation
- Positive employee engagement observable through workforce survey and culture assessments
- Observable safety and HR leadership across the operations leadership team; leaders practice policy and are aware of the legal obligations.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3+ years Environmental Health and Safety experience in manufacturing preferred.