Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Tuscaloosa, AL US
It has the capacity to produce more than 26 million tons of steel per year. As North America's largest recycler of scrap metal, it produces steel by melting scrap in electric arc furnaces. Most products are sold to steel service centers, manufacturers, and fabricators.
Our client is North America's most diversified steel and steel products company, and North America's largest recycler.
They are a Fortune 100 company and consists of 27, 000 men and women who are forged around a vision for leading their industry by providing unparalleled customer care, building trusted partnerships, and creating sustained value.
They are currently seeking an Environmental Engineer for their facility in Tuscaloosa, AL.
- The environmental engineer will be responsible for leading the safety, sustainability, and environmental compliance at the division.
- You will be responsible for maintaining compliance with all safety and environmental requirements, implementation, and management of environmental programs (air, water, waste, radiation) including permitting and reporting.
- You will also play an integral role in the education and training of the team, engaging with the plant wide team for solutions to problems and promote continual improvement, and participate in community outreach initiatives.
- Teammates are expected to participate in and promote an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork while maintaining compliance in all areas of the site within the Quality Control Systems.
- Safety is the most important part of all jobs, therefore, candidates must always be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards.
This is an entry level engineering role, and they are looking for someone they can develop to move into higher level career opportunities, so being open to relocation for advancement down the road is important.
While your technical background will be important for this role, they are focusing on engineers who fit into the company culture. Their culture is similar to the military as it focuses on safety, teamwork, collaboration and communication skills.
Monday-Friday day shift (on call for emergencies and outages)
Base salary, depending on experience, (plus up to 10% production bonus). ROA Return on Asset that is usually 10%. Great benefits package.