Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Manage all engineering activities at the Company location to include quoting, tooling, troubleshooting, CNC program management.
Provide technical support to customers as needed.
Direct reports are manufacturing engineers, quote engineers, and CNC programmers.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting daily with production supervisor, setup people and operators to assure machines are running smooth with capable processes.
- Making recommendations if any equipment needs to be replaced or new capacity is required.
- Working with OEM for training on new equipment purchase and maintenance of existing equipment
- Participate in APQP of new products for smooth running of new products on production floor.
- Analyze quality problems to find root cause and put corrective actions in place.
- Continuous improvement of existing products.
- Recommend gear redesign to customer for reasonable manufacturability.
- Manage tooling for machines.
- Solidworks system and AutoCAD Lite.
- Review inventory of cutting tools for gears (hobs, shaper cutters, shave cutters, diamonds, grind wheels and gear hones) and order / recommend purchase of new to optimize on-hand inventory.
- Review cutting tool design by working with vendors and provide approvals based on print compliances.
- Full understanding of cutting tools to be able to use different tools on different parts. Ability to use gear calculations to make decisions to eliminate duplicate tooling.
- Controlling tooling purchases and utilizes available tooling as much possible.
- Looking out for latest tooling technology and make recommendations and justifications.
- Supporting QA as necessary on setup inspection, final inspection, or any inspection technique.
- Help QA perform inspection as necessary for PPAP submission.
- Help train operators on floor as necessary for inspection technique.
- Recommend inspection techniques improvements to improve reliability and reduce errors / scrap.
- Support inside sales, national sales and sales representation nationwide as is necessary.
- Support customers in new and old projects regarding design and manufacturing.
- Customer interface for technical support.
The reason for this hire is that current engineering manager in this role is going to retire in 6-8 months and company wants new hire to learn the ropes working with the outgoing manager.
Base salary target is $110 - 115K, plus a 7% annual incentive bonus.