Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
North Chicago, IL US
Electricians will perform routine switching procedures on metal enclosed switchgear involving voltages of 4160 to 13, 200 volts a/c. Will have an understanding of the electrical distribution system, the major loads, and their characteristics, and how they are supported throughout the plant with duplicated networking. Will demonstrate a thorough understanding of the nature of the processes and the equipment connected to the electrical system. Applies their full knowledge of these systems in the performance of troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance of electrical equipment.
What you will work on:
- Conduct testing of conductor insulation, transformer coils, circuit breakers and related switchgear on a routine basis using testing equipment such as a turns ratio tester, megger, load tester and ultrasonic sensors.
- Must be able to follow proper procedures, both written and verbal.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), whether used for Distributive Control Systems (DCS) or emergency lighting, located throughout the plant. This includes testing, maintenance of back-up batteries, and preventive maintenance on electronic components.
- Perform preventive maintenance testing on transformer mini-zones and back-up generator system.
- Operation of Soft Starts and Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs).
- Troubleshoot, repair, and conduct preventive maintenance on this equipment.
- Operate and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and Process Controls/DCS or Infrared Thermography.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and conduct preventive maintenance on motor control centers.
- Understand motor load characteristics and conduct diagnostic testing on motors both in the energized and de-energized state.
- Basic Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) functions and how to use various queries pertaining to maintenance activities such as ordering parts.
Overtime eligible, annual profit share (7% of total annual earnings), full pension plan, 6% 401k matching, fortune 100 benefits