Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. To apply, if you have not already filled out a candidate application, start the process here: https://mapp.bradley-morris.com.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Perform duties required to install and maintain production machines and facility equipment. Interpret, install, and modify control systems including programmable controllers, drives, etc.
- Perform mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical troubleshooting and repairs for equipment.
- Interpret and maintain documents, prints, and schematics.
- Follow a preventive maintenance schedule for equipment.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Provide a flexible schedule for unexpected repairs and variations in workload.
- Research suppliers, contractors, and companies used to repair, replace, and/or manufacture parts including submitting purchase orders.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Minimum 2 years of mechanical or electrical maintenance experience.
- Able to work overtime on an as needed basis.
- Must be able to pass a physical ability test.
- Must exhibit a desire to learn new skills to advance along a maintenance career progression.
- Intuitive understanding of mechanical systems
- Able to evaluate a mechanical system and understand how/why it works.
- Able to multitask and effectively handle multiple assignments through effective project prioritization and time management.
- Provide basic mechanics toolbox to complete basic maintenance tasks. Hand tools, power tools, and diagnostic tools will be required as career progresses.
- Able to comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
Desired knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Technical degree in electrical, mechanical, or equivalent maintenance program
- Self-starter who can work in an environment that is self-directed and customer/team focused.
- Understanding of ladder logic and ability to program PLCs.
- Understanding of A/C and D/C drives, process control, as well as programming and troubleshooting PLC controlled machines.