Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Electrical Testing Engineer
All power systems are subjected to continual electrical, mechanical, and environmental stresses. Performing regular preventive electrical maintenance of these systems is the best way to avoid costly failures and preventable downtime.
- Commute to various commercial, industrial, and institutional customer sites working as part of a field service team under the direction of a job leader at all times
- Perform maintenance tasks and testing of electrical switchgear as trained
- Apply knowledge in AC/DC theory, single phase and three phase
- Apply knowledge of UPS principles
- Read schematics/diagrams and understands ladder logic
- Conduct electrical tests required including conducting path resistance, insulation resistance, specialty tests for air, vacuum, and gas breakers, dynamic testing/motion testing of breakers, tests of close coils, trip coils, charging motors, aux. Contacts, and so on
- Perform required maintenance on the various types of generators
- Work on various mechanical devices including mechanisms, linkages, electrical panels, and other types of moving parts
- Loading and unloading of equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Formal training, OJT and shadowing of senior techs.
Their in-house training program focuses on job safety for personnel, electrical testing-troubleshooting, apparatus maintenance, report writing and NETA test methods and procedures. Their field personnel are equipped with regularly calibrated test equipment, job safety equipment and personal arc flash protection gear.
Location: Robbinsville, NJ (1 Hour South of NYC and 45 minutes North of Philly metro area). You must live within a 45-mile radius of Robbinsville NJ.
Travel: You will travel throughout the region day to day but will be home most every night. All travel is paid for and you will be given a work truck. Every day you will drive to the office in the morning to pick up work truck and tools, then go out to customer sites for work, back home most every night unless larger projects.
Compensation: $30 - $38 per hour + overtime at time and half per year + Full benefits + Profit sharing. Tons of professional training and growth. Extremely competitive. (You will make 6 figures total compensation your 1st year in this role.)