Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Indianapolis, IN US
Our client needs responsible, self-motivated, self-starters who are personable and well-organized who have experience running cables and wires and/or experience installing, networking, commissioning and repairing low voltage electronics systems. They will train you both on the job and in the classroom on their systems and help you get the manufacturing certifications needed to excel in this role. These certifications will bring you bumps in pay as well and make you more valuable within this industry.
For the most part this is a Monday - Friday day shift role, usually starting at 7 am, heading to customer sites in a company provided vehicle. The first 30 minutes of travel time is your commute, then you go on the clock. At times you may have to either come in early or start late to accommodate customers' work schedules, but this is not an everyday occurrence. There is also an on-call rotation about once every two months. You get a stipend for this week plus get paid for any off hour calls you have to go out on.
They do provide you with any specialty tools but do want candidates who have a basis toolbox including a cordless drill and battery charger.
Many of their clients are hospitals, so it is required that you get a fly and COVID shot each year. This is not their requirement but the hospitals they work with, so if you cannot do this, they will not have enough work outside the hospitals to keep you employed.
- Responsible for the final hookup and programming of electronics equipment for new jobs
- Ability to program Access Control Systems and Video Management Systems
- Respond to customer's service-related issues promptly
- Test and document readings for customer's systems
- Update customer files
- Troubleshoot and repair electronic components
- Responsible for handling on-call duties on a regular scheduled basis
- Train and instruct the customer on the proper use of the equipment
- Responsible for reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints
- Responsible for operation of the following test equipment: Voltmeter, Ohm Meter, Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, Multimeter, and Impedance Meter
- Assist with preventive maintenance of customer equipment
- Responsible for accurate tracking on time sheets, service/installation tickets and inventory items
- Full compliance with company's and customer's safety program
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management
Accountability: The Systems Technician will be accountable to the Project Manager. Secondary accountability will be to the other management team members, employees, and customers of the company.
Hourly rate, plus 2-3 hours week on average overtime. Full benefits package with 401k, $60 a month cell phone allowance, $150 a year tools and clothes.