Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Electrical Engineers - Utilities and Paper Machines
Utilities Electrical Engineer - This role supports the recovery boilers, causticizing process, and utility areas from an electrical maintenance engineering standpoint while working as a team member to improve safety and productivity.
Paper Machines Electrical Engineer - This role supports multiple paper machines from an electrical maintenance engineering standpoint while working as a team member to improve safety and productivity
In either role you this is a hands on, electrical engineering role that will have you out on the floor working side by side with technicians, on all electrical systems including power distribution systems (they work on a maximum of 1300 volts) and on capital projects and in assuring reliability of all equipment.
The primary duties of either job is to:
- Support reliability and improvement efforts through managing engineering projects, support troubleshooting, implement projects, and support hourly craftsmen as needed. Keep updated programs on file for all plc controls and programs.
- Work with electrical and mechanical project engineering on capital projects.
- Fill in as supervisor during the Electrical Supervisor's absence.
- Assist electricians in drive and control trouble shooting.
- Ensure correct electrical Preventive Maintenance procedures are in place.
- You will manage, direct, and co-ordinate the all electrical and instrument projects area. Keep up to date records on all plc programs in the area of responsibility.
- You will co-ordinate maintenance outages and project implementation.
- You will be responsible for all transformer maintenance in area.
- Order parts for contractors when working on cost plus jobs.
- Insure that proper training and tools are available for the E&I hourly employees and provide technical assistance as needed.
- Responsible for timekeeping, vacation scheduling, and other duties as assigned when the supervisor is not there.
- Work with the E&I supervisor to ensure all hourly E&I employees are trained and knowledgeable and adhere to mill safety policies and regulations
- Responsible for effective employee relations and provide coaching and training for the E&I hourly employees when filling in for the supervisor.
- Stay current with new drive and control technologies through self-study, hands on, and training.
- Be a second line of defense for the hourly electricians as related to troubleshooting.
These are Monday- Friday day shift role that does support the weekend shift about once every 6 weeks or so.
Your normal work week will usually be about 45 hours, but it is a 24/7 365 day a year facility so you will also be on call for emergencies and outages.
$100 - $110k base. Great benefits plan including relocation.