Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Electrical Engineer - Electric Vehicle
This includes 25-30% of shop work. Testing, designing, and troubleshooting electrical harnesses and supporting systems. The rest of the role is sitting behind a desk working on those projects.
You are part of the company's headquarters engineering team. There are over 250 engineers in the building.
Your group consists of around 5-7 people.
Role and responsibility:
- Work cross-functionally across mechanical, electrical, and embedded system teams to understand and develop components for compact electrical construction vehicles.
- Collaborate closely with suppliers to develop and procure advanced chemistry battery systems, electric motors and system controls.
- Understand and develop testing to ensure compliance of international standards and regulations for electrical earth moving machinery.
- Direct tests and analyze the results of prototype electric vehicles to optimize the design in preparation for production.
Research and development:
- Develop and maintain a requirements document that specifies the deliverables required for new functionality of specified vehicle
- Evaluate new technology or procedures that enable specific new functions of compact construction equipment.
- Acquire new hardware and software to develop a pilot or concept demonstrator.
- Support 3rd party developers partnered with the company in technology development
- Participate and assist in the planning of product specifications, timelines, resource requirements to develop new technologies.
- Report results and progress with other departmental functions to provide recommendations for select technologies that may fit current technology roadmaps and identified customer needs.
Pay is based on relevant experience. It is between $60k for a college graduate to over $100k for industry experienced professionals!