Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Electrical Controls and Test Engineer
This individual will be responsible for the design and development of custom motion solutions for major customers in the US, Europe and Asia. The ideal candidates possess a solid background in designing and testing digital and analog electronic control systems (not PLCs).
The candidate will be required to generate sound technical concepts, innovative and qualify new designs in a dynamic project development environment.
Beyond the design, the candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting, measuring and analyzing system performance data including mechanical stage metrology, accuracy and repeatability, motion profiles, and tuning. Additional tasks may include developing testing procedures and creating reporting templates.
- Gather and analyze requirements, generate specifications, design architectures, and outline system interfaces through direct customer and companies team communications to generate concept and cost models and assist with proposals.
- Define, architect, and lead the implementation of projects related to the precision motion systems, in addition to maintaining traceability matrices across requirements, design, and testing through the Project Development Process.
- Lead Design and Critical to Quality reviews.
- Lead engineering development activities through the established Project Development Process using best engineering practices such as FMEA and FRS (Fortive Reliability System) techniques
- Develop and document analytical models of system behavior and interactions, and define a clear path towards effective utilization of modeling and simulation techniques.
- Select and size motion control components (motors, drives, controls) for the design.
- Create and maintain system test protocols for design verification and validation.
- Ensure compliance of the new systems with design controls and all regulatory requirements such as CE, UL, RoHS, REACH, and so on.
- Assemble and test rapid prototype new concepts and machines to mitigate technical risks on new development concepts.
- Multi-task several ongoing projects within different phases of the Project Development Process.
- Testing new development projects to meet or exceed our customer's delivery and performance requirements (in adherence to final inspection reports) in a safe and efficient manner.
- Use multiple controller and drive products from internal and external suppliers such as Kollmorgen, Copley, Elmo, Delta Tau, Beckhoff, Arcus, Galil and PMD to set up and run tests
- Characterize mechanical properties of motion axes such as flatness, straightness, pitch, yaw.
- Generate automated tests for measuring stage accuracy and repeatability using laser interferometer hardware, laser software, LabVIEW, MatLab, and other software.
- Perform motion profile tuning and testing to quantify step and settle and velocity stability performance, with appropriate payload and configuration utilizing standard tools such as motion timing plots, Bode plots and accelerometers.
- Develop Test programs that include code written in LabVIEW, MatLab, or controls software that integrates mechanical systems, electrical hardware, and I/O testing.
Travel: 10% overnight travel.
Compensation: $95k Base salary + Retirement + Full Comprehensive benefits package