Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Convent, LA US
Successful candidates for this position will gain experience on, and be responsible for, a broad range of state-of-the-art electrical equipment relating to Process Control including DCS/PLC, plant instrumentation, various control networks, Power Distribution from 120V load centers to 230kV utility;and Motor Controls including motor starters (up to 4160V) and VFDs (including specialized high-power drives).
Involves continual communication, both verbally and in writing, between multiple groups and disciplines regarding plant and equipment issues.
They will have an outlined training program in place, starting with a safety training program, as safety is something they take very seriously, most training will be on-the-job.
They are looking for people who are independent thinkers, with well-developed leadership skills, and a collaborative, team orientated mindset. They realize that you may not have all the skill sets needed for each of this position but if you have a great attitude and great aptitude toward learning an exciting manufacturing process and want to continually improve every day, then this is the right opportunity for you.
This is a rotating 12-hour shift position. 4 on 4 Off rotating between days and nights. Built in OT to every 2-week shift.
Major job duties:
- Troubleshoot and maintain all plant electrical equipment using various tools, diagnostic, and troubleshooting devices, as well as mechanical and electrical prints
- Completes projects and parts research along with automation and control programming using PLC and DCS systems
- Uses the computer and various software to enter data, prepare documents, and revise AutoCAD drawings
- Completes project work such as engineering, building, installing, and updating new and existing equipment, this often involves the operation of forklifts, man lifts, and cranes
- Performs preventive maintenance on process equipment including equipment related to power distribution, instrumentation, and automation systems
- Uses power and pneumatic tools such as drills, air hammers, and so on
- Operates mobile equipment such as cranes, forklifts, vehicles
Base salary and a great benefits package.