Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Electric Distribution Operator -Dispatch & ECC
Binghamton, NY US
In this role you are responsible for complying with the Electric Switching and Tagging Rules for the electric distribution and sub-transmission systems.
- Perform dispatching and switching activities on a 7x24 basis to maintain system reliability by planning, writing and executing proactive switching procedures, as well as reacting to system disturbances, when they occur
- Coordinate switching activities with customers, contractors and operating authorities of other systems to create safe work areas, while maintaining system reliability
- Monitor and take corrective action for system reliability alarms and events and monitor loading on the electric distribution systems
- Direct the removal and restoration of company facilities for maintenance and testing
- Develop and implement restoration plans in response to customer outages
- Write, check and approve electric switching orders for scheduled facility outages
- Manage the Outage Management System for outage record and reporting
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of Distribution overhead and underground networks, including system configuration, devices, and facilities
- Knowledge of Distribution protection system
- Switching and Tagging rules as well as OSHA Safety Standards on electric risk prevention
- Ability to read and interpret electric maps, schematics, and records
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive and results oriented
- Able to respond for callouts 24/7, as required
They have several shifts, discuss these with the hiring manager, you must be flexible.
Base salary, overtime, shift differential, benefits and a 401k.