Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Distribution Center Supervisor
These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare, and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches.
The Distribution Center Supervisor role this is the entry point from which many military officers have gone on to bigger positions. In fact, one of the people running this location is someone whom we placed there over 20 years ago.
- Provide leadership and supervision to distribution team members within a specific functional area /or process
- Support Process Manager and/or Sr. Operations Manager to ensure timely, accurate product receipt, order fulfillment, and the optimization of resources and processes
- Manage team members to ensure compliance with policies/procedures, process improvement, and drive team member initiatives to create and promote an environment where team members are engaged and committed to the success of the company thereby negating the need for third party representation
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise the daily operations in the functional area and lead team members until the work is complete for the day
- Maintain, refine and/or improve processes within the area to meet customer requirements which include deadlines and quality standards
- Manage day to day scheduling, staffing, material management, compliance, training, and auditing activities
- Provide a positive and engaging working environment focusing on the DC metrics including housekeeping standards are developed into daily processes
- Emphasize safety and quality commitments for the department and ensure 100% compliance with the department s processes and procedures
- Have in depth understanding of the department s DC processes and functions
- Identify key variables that influence the workflow process and develop and implement departmental changes enhancing workflow optimization
- Develop and implement performance measurements and internal auditing processes to routinely evaluate operations efficiency and quality
- Ensure compliance with company, OSHA, DOT, EPA regulations with emphasis on HazMat, and PIE requirements
- Certify the handling/shipping of hazardous materials follow government regulations and company policies
- Verify appropriate training for team members within the department, (including, not limited to: PIE, HazMat, BCG, EHS)
The current schedule is Monday-Friday, 9am - 630pm (includes 30-minute break.)
Base salary plus targeted 5% bonus, company matches dollar for dollar up to 5% in 401k. They also contribute a minimum of 6 % into your 401k even if you put in nothing. Medical/dental/vision.