Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Distribution Center General Manager
Position responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
- Provide direction and leadership to the Transportation Manager and Warehouse Manager.
- Execute company processes successfully to ensure 100% compliance.
- Ensure annual performance goals are met or exceeded.
- Participate in the development of budgets.
- Present at customer and employee meetings.
- Foster a work environment that maximizes employee involvement, morale and engagement.
- Ensure quality standards are achieved for all good shipped and received.
- Promptly solve problems to the maximum satisfaction of our customer(s.)
- Participate in, contribute to and potentially lead various committees, such as quality and safety.
- Travel for annual meetings or other Distribution centers as needed.
- Be a champion of change.
Any other duties as assigned.
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years of relevant leadership experience.
- Self-motivated and disciplined team player.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to creatively solve problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound organizational skills with the capacity to prioritize and multi-task to ensure deadlines are met.
- Exhibit a sense of urgency and focus on results.
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen.
- Professional self-presentation.
- Proven track record of developing successful customer/business partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate business needs, think proactively and respond appropriately.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite with intermediate Excel skills.
- Willing to work any shift and any schedule due to the 24/7 environment.
- Must pass post-offer background check and drug test.
- College degree preferred.
- Food distribution experience a plus.
- Strategic thinking
- Aligns people, processes, technology and capital to the strategic priorities
- Creates and executes on plans to drive business outcomes
- Understands and responds to industry trends
- Uses financial information to make decisions
- Developing self and others
- Maintains an organization that identifies, attracts, develops, and retains talent
- Delegates authority to the appropriate level
- Role models performance management and continuous feedback, both positive and constructive
- Ensures a culture of inclusion so everyone can succeed
- Role models ongoing employee coaching and development
- Makes it a priority to prepare future leaders for success through development
- Sponsors initiatives that drive continuous improvement
- Maintains an environment where safety and employee total well-being are a top priority
- Leads change locally by planning for change and ensuring buy-in to the change
- Ensures people understand the reasons for change and the process so they can actively support it
- Plans changes for optimal execution
- Communicating effectively
- Uses communication to align the team to the organization's vision
- Drives a culture of clear, consistent, timely, and respectful communications
- Remains approachable and visible
- Roles models organization's values and an environment of openness and inclusion
- Fosters trust and transparent communication
- Facilitates an open exchange of ideas and opinions
- Leads a culture aligned to the organization's mission, vision, and values.
- Contributes to a culture of accountability and excellence.
- Eliminates barriers to success.
- Sets challenging goals for self and others to continuously elevate performance.
- Achieves results while maintaining ethics, integrity, compliance and company values.
- Focuses the team on the critical priorities including safety and employee wellbeing.
$125k - $130k base + 30% bonus, 10k car allowance, full comprehensive benefits plan