Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Safely operate, repair, rebuild and perform maintenance on company owned or leased heavy duty diesel trucks and equipment, including rolling stock to ensure its ability to operate safely.
- Diagnose and repair operational difficulties with heavy duty diesel trucks and equipment.
- Maintain and repair heavy diesel, gas and electrically operated equipment and vehicles.
- Complete reports, work orders, order parts and perform other administrative duties as required daily.
- Assist in the review of mechanical write-ups on equipment and coordinate repair schedule.
- Ensure safe working conditions and compliance with all safety regulations.
- Utilize a variety of power and hand tools and equipment.
- Possess, provide and maintain tools necessary to perform tasks related to maintenance on heavy/hydraulic equipment.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
- Assist in the training and orientation of new employees.
- Maintain a working knowledge of and keep up with the latest technology through the use of technical manuals and attendance of technical training seminars and testing.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); technical diploma desired.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a diesel mechanic
- Experience using diagnostic software a plus
- Must be computer literate, have the ability to be trained on software systems and be willing to learn.
- Obtain a Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) within six (6) months of employment.
- Must pass a DOT physical including drug screening.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Demonstrate ability to follow detailed instructions, work independently and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to understand and effectively use repair and parts manuals written in English.
- Ability to operate any vehicle or equipment necessary to perform job.
- Possess physical ability to perform all aspects of job.
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, taste, and smell.
- Continuous, concentrated, mental and visual attention required.
- Visual requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent physical effort including handling tools and equipment required.
- Frequently lift/push/pull up to 100 pounds.
- Frequently exposed to loud noise, humidity, hot and cold weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, vibration, toxic and caustic chemicals, fumes and airborne particles.
- Occasionally work in high, precarious places.
- Work environment is usually loud.