Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Data Center Manager
This is a company founded by industry veterans who believe that enterprise IT/Cyber services can be delivered and managed to a higher standard. We combine the latest technologies with diligent planning to stay one-step ahead of our clients' ever-changing needs.
The Data Center Manager is responsible for managing computing center operations; ensuring production schedules are met and computer system resources are used effectively; coordinates the resolution of production-related problems; establishes proper relationships among customers, teaming partners, and vendors to facilitate the delivery of information technology services; provides users with required computer output in a timely manner; and supervises staff operations. Must have experience in electrical distribution systems, UPSs, PDUs, generators, mechanical, Life Safety and monitoring systems. The data center manager will lead a team of specialists in scheduling, coordinating, executing and ensuring the reliability of critical loads supported by our electrical and infrastructure systems.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Provide and maintain data cabling and associated documentation within the data center
- Design, monitor and control heat dissipation through the strategic placement of key infrastructure
- Responsible for the proper upkeep of fire suppression systems
- Monitor power draw, ensure the proper upkeep of UPS and generators
- Design rack layouts and maintain relevant documentation
- UPS, HVAC, Generator maintenance
- Inventory maintenance, datacenter cleanliness
- Routine contact with IT personnel, vendors, contractors, building engineers and security
- Oversee Contractors preforming work in accordance with industry code, safety
- Manage external support agreements and liaise with vendors
- Accurately develop, write, and edit standard operating data center policies and procedures
- Ensures all work performed is in accordance with established standards, practices and procedures
- Ensures adherence to best practices and audit requirements including SOX, PCI, or other compliance types as it relates to IT controls
- Excellent working knowledge of the systems that support the Data Center environment and facilities, that is, HVAC, electrical power, UPS, EPS, BES, fire suppression, cabling, equipment enclosures
- Strong organization, time-management, prioritization, multi-tasking, independent-decision making, problem-solving, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Works well under deadlines, self-starter, innovative, team-oriented, customer-focused, and so on
- Experienced in Microsoft Office, social media platforms, department-specific software, tools, and so on
- Occasional travel to other datacenters may be required
- Have 7+ years' experience supporting data centers in a fast-paced, 24x7 production environment.
- Proficient experience in data center operations, including the installation and deployment of racks and cable infrastructure, as well as, power circuit installation and power monitoring.
- Experience in Data Center best practice. This includes; capacity planning, disaster recovery analysis / planning, component maintenance and lifecycle replacement planning, space and power utilization.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and understanding of standard practices in the design and construction industry, including knowledge of fast track design build processes and associated documents and contracts.
- Understanding of data center power and cooling infrastructure.
- Understanding of net.
Full comprehensive benefits plan