Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Jacksonville, NC US
The Crane Technician implements the Navy and Marine Corps weight handling equipment program, leads Assistant Technicians as they safely and independently, perform standard mechanical repairs, perform standard electrical repairs, complete tasks up to the limits of their training certifications, and continuously learn from more experienced personnel.
Training and professional development both in-house and online is part of professional development in the position. If you are looking for a meaningful career working with and for fellow veterans and on a top performing team, then you should consider this opportunity. Let us know if you are interested in learning more.
- Safely perform work
- Maintain the integrity, safety, and reputation of the company
- Present yourself professionally as you communicate with customers
- Maintain accountability of assigned equipment and keep it in good working order
- Conduct a mechanical diagnose and perform repairs on components such as gears, wheel bearings, wire rope, hook blocks, brakes, and driveshafts
- Conduct an electrical diagnoses and repair components such as festoons, pendants, wireless controllers, disconnects and fuses, runway electrification, standard control components and motors
- Conduct structural diagnoses and repair components such as end stops, structural members, welds, and runways
- Troubleshoot commercial components using OEM manuals for electrical, mechanical, and structural components
- Develop solutions and estimates for electrical, mechanical, and structural component-level repairs
- Gather the necessary data for senior personnel to develop estimates for major repairs, overhauls, and crane replacements
- Perform proper OSHA and NAVFAC P-307 inspections
- Plan general inspections and repairs
Base salary, plus overtime. The company pays 100% of all insurance premiums (medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD) for the employee. 10 days PTO, 11 paid holidays. Cellphone reimbursement or a company cellphone is provided. Relocation assistance is available.