Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If you are able to start your new career within 90 days and meet the position requirements listed in the job description, feel free to apply. If you are not available to work within the next 90 days, but would like to work with Bradley-Morris on finding your next career, please complete an application here https://mapp.bradley-morris.com to get started.
Controller - Finance
Long Island, NY
- Partner with the Business Unit Manager, Division VP of Finance, peers and subordinates to deliver the KPIs and transform the business.
- Direct preparation of annual budget; assist in the preparation of the Strategic Plan and leads the month-end close and forecast process; owns the books.
- Act as primary financial interface between Hughes Treitler and the TMS Division and Corporate
- Implement new processes (for example, Lean) and reporting where necessary to improve financial reporting procedures
- Proactively evaluate the results of operations, identifies trends/risks/opportunities and recommends actions to ensure the business unit achieves its commitments.
- Complete financial analysis, Discounted Cash Flow, ROI, Make/Buy, Gross Margin and Pricing Proposals for new business opportunities and capital investments.
- Supervise general accounting, cost accounting, and government compliance.
- Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the function and the broader business unit.
- Maintain effective internal controls to ensure protection of assets and an accurate reporting of financial position. Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparation of government contract proposals and submission of cost and pricing data.
- Aggressively drive improvements in Working Capital.
- Supervises general accounting and cost accounting
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA, CMA, MBA a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing finance environment with a working knowledge of manufacturing cost accounting is required.
- Prior experience in a public entity with a P and L of preferably $50M+ is desirable.
- 5-7 years of manufacturing cost accounting experience (aerospace a plus).
- Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing/TPS experience a plus.
- Strong background in GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance.
- Government contract accounting, familiarity with Federal Acquisitions Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) highly desirable
- International manufacturing experience a plus
- Candidates with experience in a job shop (hi mix / low volume) manufacturing complex mechanical assemblies will be given priority.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas: excellent communication, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills, well developed problem solving skills; solid organizational skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization.
- Looking for a hands-on individual with the ability to see the big picture - comfortable down in the detail as well as presenting to senior management.
- Driven to deliver; strong bias to action, accountability for personal delivery and with others; plans, priorities and monitors performance, holds self and oth ers accountable for delivery.
- Proven business partnership skills with the demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organizational environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff, set goals and objectives to meet Business Unit goals as well as the proven ability to select talent and develop subordinates.
- The right person will be ambitious and flexible.