Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Control Room Operator
Phoenix, AZ US
This client is searching for Control Room Operators that are responsible for coordinating day-to-day operations activities for energy generating facilities, transmission providers, and scheduling entities, specifically in the utilities field.
They want to hire Nuke EMs and other electrical technicians with power systems backgrounds. They will train you on their specifics and regulatory procedures, and they want those transferable skill sets to enhance their team. There is no travel, and this is more or an office type job. They have hired military technicians in the past and have had major success, so they want more.
- Monitor and operate large and small aggregate generators, being familiar with the use of multiple monitoring and control platforms.
- Evaluate complicated operating situations against multiple regulatory and contractual obligations, such as operating contracts (O&M agreement, power purchase agreement, interconnect agreement), balancing authority tariffs, business practice manuals, transmission and scheduling entity operating handbooks, O&M operating agreements, and any NERC standards applicable to the generator operator / generator owner
- Operate equipment under O&M authority, during equipment changes, safeguards the generator owner by enforcing OM change management policies, protecting Generator Owner compliance
- Operate multiple power plant control systems technologies across the fleet, understanding the behavior and capabilities of each technology; predict grid response to any control action; implement voltage schedules according to operating agreements and contracts
- If a failure of the forecasting system occurs, use a pre-written worksheet and OM procedures to manually generate and deliver all forecasts
Base salary, plus bonuses.