Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Consulting Systems Engineer - SVC Engineer Power
Alpharetta, GA US
You will go out to sites to define the equipment to be purchased, develop engineering procurement specifications, and interact with vendors. You will also coordinate and conduct training for customers and coworkers. They need someone with strong leadership and managerial experience as you will be the manager on job sites.
This is a 70% overnight travel role throughout North America, to include Canada and Mexico that will sometimes be less and sometimes more. You will usually have 6-12 planned outage/preventive maintenance and/or commissioning trips/year that you will know about in advance that could last 6-7 days most times with some commissioning trips being longer.
You will need to show you have high voltage substation power background (345 kVA) experience and knowledge of SVC and STATCOM power transmission components, drives, and motors.
They will provide on the job training going on site with an Engineer to learn their systems and processes.
Your area of responsibility is primarily tactical/operational in nature and include:
- Lead and support SVC and STATCOM system Projects as Project Engineer and Lead Engineer
- Create cable schedules and interface coordination with the company and customers
- Review SVC and STATCOM mechanical and electrical drawings and coordinate with civil and construction companies to make sure the building and foundations design engineers have relevant information from all the vendors
- Support SVC and STATCOM commissioning
- Perform SVC and STATCOM preventive maintenance
- Perform site training of SVC and STATCOM operation and maintenance
Base salary, full benefits, and overtime once you are trained and up to speed.