Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Auxillary Operator II
Philadelphia, PA US
They are looking for an Auxiliary Operator who starts, stops, operates, monitors, and notes operating conditions of auxiliary equipment throughout the Schuylkill and Edison plants, including the responsibility for burner operation. This is a full-time union position.
- Reports conditions, trends, and abnormalities to Control Operator
- Off loads fuel and receives deliveries as required
- Blocks out equipment for maintenance; unblocks and retest equipment after completion of repair
- Performs minor maintenance on valves, fans, etc. As required
- Has working knowledge of fuel pumps, water treatment, and brine systems
- Operates and regenerates resin beds to produce water for boiler operation; performs resin replacement as necessary
- Maintains safe working conditions. Identifies, reports, and /or corrects unsafe conditions in work area
- Able to use safety equipment necessary to perform job in safe manner
- Performs housekeeping duties
- Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisors
- Capable of performing operational rounds and required duties of the Auxiliary Operator position at Edison Station
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to identify system components and how those components operate and interact.
- Performs work of moderate difficulty with responsibility for brine water treatment system, operating auxiliary equipment and observation of gauges, controls and monitoring equipment and adjusting, and burner operations
- Must recognize and correct boiler burner upset conditions
Base salary, plus a10% bonus potential. Full benefits and excellent growth potential.