Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets written work orders and aerospace blueprints and drawings to determine parts requirements and sequence of assembly step.
- Cleans or otherwise prepares part surfaces for assembly.
- Applies and cleans excess adhesives, lubricants, sealants, and other substances as required by work order, drawing, and/or blueprint instructions to piece parts for assembly.
- Inserts rings, pins, and other standards and fastens parts together using nuts, bolts, screws, clips, rivets, or other fasteners.
- Uses hammers, punches, pliers, screwdrivers, wrenches, rivet guns, and other hand tools to perform assembly operation.
- Installs bushings and bearings and uses hand tools to produce close fit between parts.
- Operates drill presses, presses, or riveting machines to assist in assembly operation.
- Uses micrometers, force gauges, calipers, torque wrenches, dial indicators, and other types of precision measuring tools and equipment. - Reads measuring tools and interprets readings in performing assembly operations.
- Handles parts, subassemblies and assemblies with care to ensure those with finishes or special coatings are not damaged or blemished.
- Performs functional testing.
- Meets established standards for productivity and quality. Confers with supervisor when problems occur which impact expected levels of performance.
- Responsible for supporting and ensuring compliance to ISO 9001/AS9100 Quality Management Systems.
- Must contribute to a positive work environment.
- Performs any task required to support customer requirements and company goals.
The Assemblers work a 4/10 schedule when means you work Monday -Thursday or Tuesday - Friday and have a 3-day weekend every weekend. This current opening is on swing shift, 330pm -230am.
Base pay is $19 - $20hr for a Level II Assembler.
If a candidate has substantial (10 years') of aerospace/aircraft mechanical experience they could be hired as a Level III Assembler at $24 - $25hr There is opportunity for a good bit of overtime and you can average 50 hours a week for 10 hours a week at time and a half.
However, overtime is not mandated and there are usually enough volunteers, so that no one is required to work overtime.