Field Service Technician 2
St. Louis, MO
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be able to install machinery per installation instructions
- Provide customer with operation and maintenance training at the end of each installation
- Troubleshoot and repair machinery as required.
- Read and understand all machinery manuals.
- Perform sales acceptance of qualified machines as required.
- Be available for travel up to 75% of week nights (includes US and Canada).
- Stay current with the schedule, make travel arrangements, and advise customer of travel plans.
- Discuss each service call and installation thoroughly with the customer prior to beginning any work.
- Submit service call reports and sign off sheets within 5 business days of trip completion.
- Be equipped with tools, service call sheet, and copies of the necessary layout drawings.
- Obtain signature from customer at the end of the service call or installation.
- Log all phone calls in tracking database
Base pay will be $40-$50k a year however, with the travel pay, and so forth, expect to make $67k or more. It is a salaried position, but NON-exempt. That means you earn overtime at 1.5 times the hourly rate for your salary for every hour over 40 worked in a week. At the average rate of overtime for this position, 9 hours a week, you will earn an additional $17k in overtime per year. Plus with the average amount of travel, your travel bonus will be $5160 a year. So, $45k plus $5k plus $17k means the average tech is earning at least $67k. There is also profit sharing at the end of each year on top of this! Benefits are strong and premiums are low! You keep all of your travel points (air miles, rental car points, hotel points).
The comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, vacation, personal days, life insurance, disability, and 401k with profit sharing. There is a travel bonus of $30 a day every night you spend not in your own bed. This is above and beyond your per diem. Company pays all travel costs.
Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. To apply, if you have not already filled out a candidate application, start the process here: https://mapp.bradley-morris.com.