Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Field Service Technician
- Liaison with external customers and internal company departments for product development and relationship-building initiatives.
- Ability to work outdoors on railway tracks under a variety of weather conditions.
- Responsible for managing personal travel expense account, individual or company-supplied mechanics tools, company-issued credit cards where applicable
Skills, Experience and Education:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Prior hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, and schematics reading experience.
- Strong communication (verbal and computer) and time management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and so on.)
- A high degree of reliability, professionalism and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision are critical attributes for this position.
- Sound technical writing skills for work report submissions.
- E-Railsafe and Roadway Worker Protection (RWP) certification for applicable client railways, plus other customer-based training as may be required to access work sites
- Ability and willingness to follow all applicable safety and operating rules for client railways in a professional and conscientious manner
- Must wear Personnel Protective Equipment PPE (Hard Hat, Safety glasses, Gloves and Hearing protection as required)
- Maybe required to act as watchman / lookout and shall devote full attention to detecting the approach of trains and communicating a warning thereof to other personnel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, walk, use hands and finger to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crouch, for prolonged periods of time
- Will be required to operate impact equipment, power tools, hand tools under heavy loads, and manual earth moving tools as required for trenching of ditches to bury hoses and electrical cables
- Extensive travel to work sites throughout North America and possibly overseas is required on a weekly basis
- Overtime hours may be necessary as workloads dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays
- The candidate may occasionally be required to lift and /or move up to 100lbs and be subjected to occasional moderate to intense physical exertion while performing required duties on uneven and rocky surfaces
- CDL License or Driver's License with DOT Physical Card for driving 26, 000lbs GVW trucks or larger is preferred but not required.
- Documentation and reporting of all work-related activities including miles traveled / tested, travel expenses, vehicle electronic / paper log books, daily work reports, and so on
- Effective communication with Railway personnel.
$22 an hour with 10-12 hours of overtime each week, and a very attractive benefits package, including health care coverage and a market-leading 401(k) program.